Use AirPlay to stream/mirror exactly what's on your device's screen. Apple devices to your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac.
Stream video from your iPhone or iPad to a TV
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV
- Find the video that you want to stream
- Tap AirPlay . In some apps, you might need to tap a different button first.1 For example, in the Photos app, tap Share , then tap AirPlay
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV
To stop streaming, tap AirPlay in the app that you're streaming from, then tap your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the list.
If video automatically streams to an AirPlay device
Your device might automatically stream video to the Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV that you frequently use. If you open a video app and see in the upper-left corner, then an AirPlay device is already selected.
To use AirPlay with a different device, tap , then tap another device. Or tap again to stop streaming with AirPlay.
Mirror your iPhone or iPad to a TV
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac
- Open Control Center:
- On iPhone X or later or iPad with iPadOS 13 or later: Swipe down from the screen's upper-right corner
- On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the screen's bottom edge
- Tap Screen Mirroring
- Select your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac from the list
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen or Mac, enter the passcode on your iOS or iPadOS device
To stop mirroring your iOS or iPadOS device, open Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
For the best results via Airplay, you’ll need to check the Wifi connection on your Apple TV. Check out this link for directions on optimizing your internet connection.